Thursday, August 27, 2009

Who let the dogs out ..... the week that the two dogs would remember

This is the story of two dogs. I call them Tom and Jerry. Not because i love them like i love the Disney friends, but because these two used to create.
The dogs have been living on hte Magnolia site for a few years and they seem to believe they even have a copy of the Khata in their name. The security guards love them because they were the companions before some of us, the early movers, kept them company.
Its not nice having stray dogs in an apartment complex. So, some of us here had an ideological thing about their co-habitating Magnolia that's our new home.
There were two ways people protested. One was my way and the other was Rahul Saxena way. I used to target pebbles at Tom and Jerry. While i missed most of them, they figured out i am not their friend and would not provide shelter on a rainy day. Over two weeks, we were pretty well known to each other. I throw the nearest stone when i see them. Tom runs at my sight and goes off to 1st main Gurappana Palya at my sight. Jerry was smarter. He would just hide from me. But i was not effective at getting the canine pair to leave Magnolia.
Rahul Saxena ( of the B191 fame) was more effective. He threw some 'nicely worded' mails instead of pebbles. He threw them at certain focused folks in Magnolia ( unlike me). And he did not miss like i missed. Rahul's words of protest had their way and lo and behold, the dogs are gone.
That is the story of the life of the two dogs at Magnolia. Tom and Jerry live happily elsewhwere, I hope.
The picture here is of Jerry. I took it when he was in a rather lazy and contemplative mood at 11 in the night in the Magnolia basement. I shot the picture from behind a column so i would have some pictures for my story.
happy reading folks ...
We now have 10 families living at magnolia... an

No comments: